Thursday, April 17, 2008

Decision on Jalan Tampin Temple's case

I've just finished meeting with YB Penasihat Undang-undang Negeri regarding to a case related to syariah court's jurisdiction. YB told me today at 12.00pm is the decision on the case whether the state government can reposses the land on which the temple is built.The temple allegedly had been build for 150 years but they failed to produce any evidence.

On another occasion, a friend of mine who has just enjoyed living in a new house but few weeks later, found out, there was a small temple being built behind his house and ceremonies being held. He has lodged complained several times to Majlis Perbandaran Seremban but until now there's no steps being taken (please stop taking any complaints lightly). I believe if an immediate step taken by MPS, the indian community can accept explanation that the temple is not allowed to be built there.

p/s: I saw The Star newspaper today and an interesting picture really caught my attention where an old indian lady being carried by a malay guy on his back to save her from a big flood in Seremban. I think we just wait what will be the decision tomorrow.

1 comment:

cohong gym said...

This is another problem. I dont know why Indian like to build their temple at unappropriate places (no hard feeling). They seem dont bother about other people's feeling.
If mosque/surau was built at an area where malay only the minority, the non-malay will make a big fuss.
If temple was built, it was a freedom of religion.
I wonder why?